At YBJ, we’ve helped leading brands convert from rigid packaging to spouted pouches. Spouted pouches require additional specialized expertise beyond the norm, and we offer not only exceptional expertise in spouted pouches, but also expansive in-house spouted pouch converting capabilities. This allows us to produce your spouted pouches from start to finish, without outsourcing important stages of the project such as spout insertion. We’re able to produce spouted pouches with shorter lead times, while keeping full control of your pouches’ quality throughout the entire process.
Our pouch converting equipment has produced award-winning spouted pouches. We’re able to design and produce pouches with innovative shapes that prevent flex cracking, with extremely high burst strength and the ability to withstand even the most rigorous drop testing.
Spouted Pouch Prototyping
Our packaging engineers are experts at listening to your needs and crafting innovative prototypes that incorporate convenient features such as handles to facilitate easy pouring and modern shapes to differentiate your product. We’re uniquely able to engineer and produce spouted pouch prototypes custom-printed with your graphics, so your prototypes show a more accurate presentation of the final package.
We have access to a large variety of spouts and fitments for liquids, powders, gels, and granulates.
We offer a wide range of options for fitments & closures with our pouches. A few examples include:
EZ Pour spouts
Inverted Sierra closure
Spouts with SimpliSqueeze valves
Spouted Pouches vs. Rigid Packaging
Spouted pouches provide many benefits when compared to rigid packaging.
- Allow for near total evacuation of the product. (Rigid containers can leave 6 – 14% of product in packaging, while pouches can evacuate up to 99.5% of the product.)
- Are conveniently lighter and more portable.
- Provide shelf impact that differentiates your products from the rows of rigid packaging currently on shelves, giving you a competitive advantage.
- Use approximately 60 percent less plastic than rigid plastic bottles.
- Require approximately 50 percent less energy to produce.
- Are much more space efficient and require less area to store in warehouses.
- Generate less CO2 emissions during production.
- Produce significantly less landfill waste.
- Require fewer trucks for transportation—reducing fossil fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Provide increased printable surface area to present attention-grabbing graphics that resonate with consumers.
Spouted Pouch Applications
We have the technology and expertise to manufacture spouted pouches for a wide array of products, including:
- Peanut butter
- Butter & shortening
- Cooking oils
- Baby food
- Fruit purees
- Sports drinks
- Energy drinks
- Dairy drinks
- Alcoholic beverages
- Protein shakes
- Coffee drinks
- Sugars & sweeteners
- Spices & seasonings
- Nuts, seeds, & grains
- Trail mix
- Confectionary & candy
- Pet food
- Powdered drink mixes
- Laundry detergent
- Stain removers
- Insect repellents
- Bath crystals
- Dish soap
- Hand soap